"These cookies are a delicious and hearty alternative to doughnuts or pastries. Also great to pack in lunches and on trips. Try one with your morning coffee or tea. For a slightly richer treat, use buttermilk in place of the water. Substitute dates for the raisins, if you prefer."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two baking sheets or line them with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Beat in eggs and water.
- Mix together flours, oats, wheat germ, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix into peanut butter mixture. Stir in raisins or dates (see Cook's Note). Drop by ice cream scoopfuls2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks. Store in an airtight container.
- Cook’s Note:
- You may substitute chopped pitted dates for the raisins.
Per Serving: 478 calories;21 g fat;64.9 g carbohydrates;12.3 g protein;51 mg cholesterol;579 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article