"For people like me, who can’t make good pancakes, this recipe is perfect. Everything is cooked in the oven in one single skillet, giving the plus of easy clean up. Serve with maple syrup."
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Place the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, sugar, salt, and flour into a blender. Pulse until no dry lumps remain in the batter. Melt the butter in an 8-inch, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the batter, and drop in the strawberries.
- Place the skillet into the oven, and bake until puffed and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Cinnamon: add 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to the batter. Skip strawberries.
- Apple: slice 1/2 an apple and cook it on the melted butter until lightly golden. You may add a pinch of cinnamon to it. Skip strawberries.
- Blueberry: use 1/2 cup of blueberries instead of strawberries.
- Banana: add 1 sliced banana to the melted butter and cook it until golden, but still firm. You may add a pinch of cinnamon to it. Skip strawberries.
- Chocolate chip: add 1/2 cup of your favorite chocolate chip to the batter in the skillet.Skip strawberries.
- Chocolate: add 1 tablespoon of cocoa to the batter.
- Plain: skip strawberries and top baked pancake with a squeeze of lemon juice and powderedsugar.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 252 calories;11.3 g fat;30 g carbohydrates;8.1 g protein;159 mg cholesterol;218 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article