Active Time: N/ATotal Time10 MIN
Yield: Serves : 2
Dirty vodka martinis are a staple at television personality Alex Guarnaschelli’s parties, but she also likes to mix it up from time to time. A floral gin martini made seriously dirty with olives is a great palate opener, she says, but the real secret is adding the brine from the jar of capers in the door in her fridge.
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (5 ounces) gin (such as Hendrick’s)
- 2 tablespoons green olive juice from jar
- 1 tablespoon (1/2 ounce) dry vermouth (such as Noilly Prat)
- 1 tablespoon caper brine from jar
- 2 cracks of fresh black pepper
- 6 large green olives (such as Cerignola)
How to Make It
Place crushed ice in a cocktail shaker or jar with a lid. Add gin, olive juice, vermouth, and caper brine. Swirl until liquid is cold and sides of shaker have condensation, about 30 seconds. Strain gin mixture evenly into 2 martini glasses. Crack pepper over olives, and add 3 olives to each glass.
Source: Read Full Article