"These bombs are great for a grab ‘n go breakfast or for a side to eggs, hash browns, pancakes, french toast, or waffles. They can easily be air fried instead of pan fried."
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add bread cubes, Cheddar cheese, egg, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Roll mixture into 8 equal-sized balls and wrap each ball in a slice of bacon. Use toothpicks to hold bacon in place.
- Wipe the skillet clean. Melt bacon drippings over medium heat. Fry bacon balls in the skillet, rolling constantly until crisp, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- I used stale white sandwich bread but you could substitute whole wheat bread.
- You can use oil in place of bacon grease.
Per Serving: 122 calories;8.5 g fat;5.3 g carbohydrates;5.8 g protein;41 mg cholesterol;386 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article