This tomato-Worcestershire-vodka soup gets served in shot glasses for fun. Look for the pickled veggies near the jarred vegetables in the supermarket.
- Makes 8 servings
- 32 peeled deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- Pickled vegetables (such as carrots, celery, green beans, and olives)
- 1 28-ounce can San Marzano tomatoes in juice
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup (or more) low-salt chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon lemon juice in large bowl. Thread 1 shrimp and 1 vegetable on toothpick. Repeat with remaining shrimp and vegetables. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place tomatoes with juice, green onions, 1/2 cup broth, Worcestershire sauce, vodka, horseradish, celery salt, and remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice in blender. Cover; blend until smooth. If mixture is too thick, thin with additional broth by tablespoonfuls. Season Bloody Mary mixture to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to pitcher. DO AHEAD: Skewers and soup can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
- Pour Bloody Mary mixture into shot glasses or small glasses. Garnish each with shrimp-vegetable skewer. Serve remaining Bloody Mary mixture and shrimp-vegetable skewers alongside.
Source: Read Full Article