Total Time: 25 Mins
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
This meat-free twist on Buffalo dip delivers every bit of creamy, tangy flavor you crave, but it’s loaded with buttery cauliflower instead of shredded chicken. It’s a hearty, party-perfect app that everyone will love.
- 1(1 1/2 lb.) cauliflower head, cut into bite-size pieces(about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo-style hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced scallions or chives
- Celery sticks, carrot sticks, potato chips, tortilla chips, baguette slices, for serving
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°F. Toss together cauliflower and olive oil in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet. Cover with a lid or aluminum foil, and cook over high to steam, about 5 minutes. Uncover and cook over medium-high, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is fork-tender and caramelized in spots, about 10 minutes.
Stir in butter. Once melted, stir in hot sauce; cook, stirring often, until sauce has reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream until fully combined. Sprinkle Cheddar on top, and bake in preheated oven until bubbly and slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Sprinkle with blue cheese and scallions. Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, potato chips, tortilla chips, and baguette slices.
Source: Read Full Article