Active time: 15 min. Total time: 30 min.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 tacos plus toppings)
If you’re in need of a simple, tasty dish that works for a weeknight meal, consider that need fulfilled. This skillet dish is effortless to throw together and super customizable—you can use black beans or kidney beans instead of pinto. If you’re not in the mood for chicken, try shredded pulled pork from your favorite BBQ place. You can tailor the toppings as you see fit, so keep an open imagination. Serving is simple: just put everything on the table and let everyone make their own tacos.
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (from 1 chicken)
- 2(15-oz.) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups refrigerated pico de gallo, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8soft-taco-size tortillas, warmed
- 2 cups baby arugula (2 oz.)
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (2 oz.)
- 1 cup shaved red onions (from 1 medium onion)
- Sour cream, Cotija cheese, guacamole (optional)
How to Make It
Stir together shredded chicken, beans, pico de gallo, and salt in a large nonstick skillet; and heat over medium-high, stirring often, until hot, 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, sprinkle shredded cheese in a single layer over surface. Cover and cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Serve tortillas with chicken mixture, and top with arugula, radishes, onions, and, if desired, sour cream, Cotija cheese, and guacamole.
Source: Read Full Article