Photo by Izabella Wentz PharmD.
Made of dried figs blended with coconut and a pop of cinnamon, pack these energy balls along for a post-workout snack or afternoon pick-me-up.
- 10 servings
- Active Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes (includes chilling)
- 30 dried unsweetened Turkish figs (you can easily switch out the figs for dates for a variation)
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, place the figs, 1 1/2 cups coconut, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt and blend until a smooth paste forms. It will have the consistency of brown sugar.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls, about 1 tablespoon of batter for each, and then roll the balls in the remaining shredded coconut.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.
Source: Read Full Article