Active Time: :25 MinsTotal Time:50
Yield: :Serves 4 (serving size: 18 mussels)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 pounds mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 1/4cup (2 oz.) salted butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic (about 2 medium garlic cloves)
- 3/4 cup apple wood chips
- 4lemon wedges
How to Make It
Stir together oil, parsley, chives, tarragon, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Place mussels, butter, and garlic in a 14- x 11-inch disposable aluminum pan.
Prick a dozen dime-sized holes on 1 end of a 20- x 13-inch disposable aluminum pan. Place wood chips over holes, and place pan on grill with wood chips directly over flame. Heat until chips start to smoke, about 10 minutes. Place foil pan with mussels onto grate beside pan with wood chips. Cover both pans tightly with aluminum foil. Grill, covered, until mussels are opened, about 15 minutes. Discard any mussels that have not opened.
Place mussels in a large bowl, and drizzle with butter mixture from cooking pan. Sprinkle with herb mixture; serve with lemon wedges.
Source: Read Full Article