Photo by Izabella Wentz PharmD.
These kebabs are threaded with cubes of marinated chicken breast, red onion, mushrooms, pineapple, and zucchini.
- Active Time
- 12 minutes
- Total Time
- 40 minutes plus 1 hour marinating time
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 large zucchini, sliced in 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 large pineapple, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 red onion, cut in 1-inch chunks
- 12 (8- to 12-inch) wooden skewers soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a medium-size bowl, add the chicken cubes, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the chicken cubes from the marinade. Thread the meat, fruit, and vegetables on the skewers, placing one chicken cube between each vegetable or fruit piece. Discard the marinade.
- Place the skewers on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes on each side.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil for 3 minutes on each side until cooked through and vegetables are slightly brown.
- Alternatively, you can grill the skewers 5 to 10 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
Source: Read Full Article