"This is true comfort food. I’m from the Midwest so we’re big on casseroles and one dish meals. Especially during winter."
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place potatoes, celery, and carrot in a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a 2-quart baking dish.Watch Now
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir ham, green bell pepper, and onion until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer ham mixture to baking dish and mix with potatoes.Watch Now
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in a clean skillet; cook and stir flour in melted butter until smooth, about 3 minutes. Gradually stir in milk and season with salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add Cheddar cheese; stir until melted. Pour cheese mixture over ham and potatoes. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.Watch Now
- Bake in preheated oven until bubbly, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow casserole to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.Watch Now
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: calories; fat; carbohydrates; protein; cholesterol; sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article