Nothing beats a hearty bowl of pasta, and it’s even more delicious when it’s homemade in your kitchen.
Homemade pasta may seem a little daunting, but Jamie Oliver’s recipe contains just two ingredients and takes 15 minutes to make in total.
With a difficulty rating of “not too tricky”, it’s the perfect recipe to get little ones involved in making.
It’s the perfect culinary skill to learn, and you’ll be incredibly popular when hosting dinner parties.
Jamie said: “My easy homemade pasta recipe is great for emergencies. You don’t need a pasta machine, just a rolling pin.”
READ MORE: Royal chef shares how to make Queen Elizabeth II’s favourite dessert
- Two large handfuls of plain flour, plus extra for dusting
This recipe serves two people but quantities can be amended depending on party size.
Mary Berry’s ‘favourite’ chicken supper is super ‘easy’ to make[RECIPE]
Ripen an avocado in just two minutes using easy microwave method[HACK]
Princess Kate shares Charlotte’s favourite snack – it’s very random[INSIGHT]
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
1. Put the flour in a bowl, then gradually mix in just enough water to bring it together to make a ball of dough. If it is still sticky, add a little bit more flour.
2. Knead the dough for a few minutes, or until smooth and shiny.
3. Dust a surface with flour and use a rolling pin to roll out the pasta to roughly 2mm thick.
4. Dust it with plenty of flour, then loosely roll it up. Slice the pasta ½cm thick with a sharp knife, then toss it with your hands to separate.
5. Cook the pasta in boiling salted water for two minutes. Now it’s time to get experimental with sauce and other toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article