"Hot dogs wrapped in a pretzel are a perfect snack. Perfect for Super Bowl parties or the weekend tailgate!A little something different using your favorite can of beer instead of water! Delicious!"
- Heat the beer in a saucepan over low heat until it reaches 110 degrees F (45 degrees C).
- Combine the warm beer, sugar, and 2 teaspoons kosher salt in a bowl.Sprinkle the yeast on top, and let stand for 5 minutes until the yeast softens and begins to form a creamy foam.
- Place the bread flour and butter in a bread machine. Add the yeast mixture, then select the dough cycle.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or grease with vegetable oil.
- Beat the egg yolk in a small bowl with 1 tablespoon water; set aside.
- Stir baking soda into 10 cups water in a large pot until dissolved, and bring to a boil.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-oiled surface, and roll into a 10×20-inch rectangle.
- Cut the dough into 18 1-inch wide strips, then wrap each strip tightly around a hot dog in a spiral, pinching the edges to seal, and leaving the ends open. About half an inch of hot dog should peek out of each end of the dough wrapper.
- Drop 2 or 3 dough-wrapped hot dogs into the boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Arrange the boiled hot dogs on the prepared baking sheets. Brush each pretzel dog with the egg yolk mixture, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- If using instant yeast, you can add all ingredients directly to your bread machine and begin.You only need to proof the yeast if you use active dry yeast.
- Editor’s Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount for the baking soda and salt ingredients which contributes to the sodium level. The actual amount of baking soda and salt consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 299 calories;15.8 g fat;27.2 g carbohydrates;9.7 g protein;41 mg cholesterol;4200 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article