"An easy, foolproof recipe for amazing pulled pork. I use a mixture of traditional and hickory/brown sugar barbeque sauce."
- Season pork roast with half the steak seasoning and place in the center of a slow cooker. Layer about half the pork rib meat around pork roast and season with about half the remaining steak seasoning, paprika, and chili pepper. Layer the remaining pork ribs in the slower and season with the remaining steak seasoning. Add soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke.
- Slowly pour water over pork, being careful not to wash away the seasoning.
- Cook on Low for 10 hours. Transfer meat to a roasting pan; remove and discard any bones and large chunks of fat. Shred pork with tongs or forks.
- Drain and discard liquid from slow cooker; wipe away any remaining fat. Return shredded pork to slow cooker and add about 1 1/2 bottles barbeque sauce. Stir. Continue to heat on Low until ready to serve. Serve with remaining 1/2 bottle barbeque sauce.
- Cook’s Notes:
- If I am feeding a large group I try to fill the pot with meat to within an inch of the rim. This takes 8 to 9 lbs of meat.
- I always try to cover the meat with water, but that is impossible on large batches. If I can’t completely cover the roast, I try to turn in over at some point to make certain that it is tender through and through.
- I generally put the meat on in the evening, pull it in the morning and let it sit on warm until noon.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 378 calories;22 g fat;20.6 g carbohydrates;22.5 g protein;90 mg cholesterol;901 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article