"What’s better than a chicken pot pie? A chicken pot pie topped with a flaky puff pastry!"
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roll out 1 sheet of puff pastry into an 11-inch square. Press into a 9-inch pie dish, cut off extra pastry, and prick thoroughly with a fork. Press a sheet of aluminum foil right onto pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is puffed up and golden browned, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt better in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook onions and celery until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Cook and stir until mixture is paste-like.
- Slowly add milk to the skillet while stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Continue stirring and slowly add broth a little at a time. Cook until thickened, 7 to 10 minutes, constantly stirring. Add chicken and frozen vegetables. Cook until vegetables are thawed, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken mixture into pre-baked puff pastry shell. Roll out a second sheet of pastry into an 11-inch square and place on top of chicken mixture. Cut off extra pastry and crimp edges.
- Bake in the preheated oven until pastry is lightly browned, 45 to 50 minutes.
Per Serving: 620 calories;45.1 g fat;40 g carbohydrates;14.5 g protein;51 mg cholesterol;846 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article