"This simple slow cooker pulled pork recipe is big hit with my family of picky eaters. For a spicy kick, mix 1 part Frank’s® RedHot® Buffalo sauce and 1 part of your favorite mustard-based BBQ sauce. You can use a pork loin instead of pork shoulder, if desired. Combine with your favorite BBQ sauce and enjoy."
- Place pork roast in a slow cooker, rub with salt, and pour root beer, liquid smoke, and garlic over the top.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. Remove pork to a bowl. Strain liquid through a fine-mesh strainer; discard liquid or save for another use (see Editor's Note). Add garlic cloves back to to pork. Shred pork using two forks. Serve with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of cooking liquid. The actual amount of cooking liquid consumed will vary.
- Editor’s Note:
- To store leftover pulled pork, add a little of the reserved cooking liquid and store in the refrigerator. Reheat in cooking liquid to keep pork from drying out.
- Partner Tip
- Try using a Reynolds® slow cooker liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 345 calories;27.8 g fat;4.3 g carbohydrates;18.6 g protein;72 mg cholesterol;1211 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article