This Morning: Alison Hammond makes ‘English garden’ cocktail
When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.
To celebrate the arrival of sunshine and warm weather, why not throw a virtual cocktail party via Zoom or other online video chats. There are plenty of options when it comes to fresh cocktails, from tequila sunrise and fruity punches to flavoured gins and spritzes. Here are six recipes for summer cocktails to try out this weekend.
- Ingredients: 125ml lemon juice, 50g caster sugar, 250ml elderflower liqueur, 250ml vodka, 500ml apple juice, 125ml sparkling water, ice, fresh summer herbs like lemon verbena, mint and basil (optional), lemon slices (optional)
Mix the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar dissolves in a bowl.
Pour into a large serving bowl, add the other liquid ingredients, fill to the top with ice and stir gently.
- Ingredients: 700ml bottle of gin, 400g punnet of sliced strawberries, 100g caster sugar
Mix the gin with the strawberries and caster sugar in a large bowl and pour into a jar.
Classic Strawberry Daiquiri
- Ingredients: 4 oz light rum, 1/2 c fresh strawberries, chopped, plus more for garnish, 1 (10-oz) bag frozen strawberries, chopped, juice of 1 lime, sliced lime, for garnish
Add rum, fresh and frozen strawberries, and lime juice and blend until smooth.
- Ingredients: ice, 100ml Aperol, 150ml prosecco, soda to top up
Put cubes of ice into two glasses and add a 50 ml measure of Aperol to each.
Divide the prosecco between the glasses and then top up with soda, if you like.
How to make Jamie Oliver’s espresso martini
M&S has launched a new summer cocktail in a can and it’s just £2
How to make Dalgona coffee – With AND without alcohol
Negroni with Jaffa Cake Gin
- Ingredients: 25ml gin, 25ml sweet vermouth, 25ml Campari, ice
Bringing together two timeless classics, Jaffa Cake Gin is distilled with oranges, fresh orange peel, cocoa powder and real-life Jaffa Cakes.
This drink makes a delicious Negroni and as an added bonus you can garnish with an actual Jaffa cake.
Pimm’s iced tea
- Ingredients: 4 tea bags, 20g pack mint, 100g caster sugar, juice 2 large oranges, plus slices to serve, juice 2 lemons, plus slices to serve, 400ml Pimm’s No 1 a few sliced strawberries and plenty of ice, to serve
Put the tea bags and half the mint into a large jug, then pour over 1.2 litres boiling water from the kettle.
Leave to infuse for 10 mins, remove the bags and stir in the sugar.
Once cool, remove the mint, add the orange juice, lemon juice and Pimm’s, and chill thoroughly. Serve with ice.
- Ingredients: 2 pineapples, tops sliced off, 4 oz light rum, 1 oz dark rum, 4 oz coconut cream, splash of pineapple juice, splash of coconut milk, ice
Using a pineapple corer, remove top 3/4 of inside pineapples and chop one cored pineapple into large chunks and add to a blender with light and dark rums, coconut cream, pineapple juice, and coconut milk.
Fill blender with ice and blend until slushy and pour drinks into cored pineapples.
Beefeater, the World’s Most Awarded Gin, has launched a new flavour – Beefeater Peach & Raspberry. And the firm has a delicious cocktail you can try to really bring out those delicious spring flavours.
- 50ml Beefeater Peach & Raspberry
- 50ml lemonade
- Sparkling wine or prosecco
- Fresh thyme
- Slices of fresh peach
- In a wine glass, add the gin and two to three fresh peace slices and stir
- Fill the glass with ice and add the lemonade
- Top with sparkling wine and stir
- Garnish with a sprig of thyme and another peach slice. Fresh raspberries go great too!
Desmond Payne MBE, Beefeater’s Master Distiller, said: “We love to experiment and James Burrough’s historic recipes provide us with a wealth of inspiration we are lucky to have.
“Adding just a hint of peach and raspberry to Beefeater’s classic recipe, produced in our iconic London copper stills, has created another approachable flavour with a twist that’s both light and fresh, perfect for the warmer months ahead. The new Flavoured Gin is clearly part of the award-winning Beefeater family, whilst there is a prominent fruit aroma the overall taste is discernibly still that of classic juniper.”
Source: Read Full Article