"Plain breaded chicken is so boring. Spice it up with a little touch of pizza."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl; place flour into a second bowl. Whisk egg and lemon juice together in a third bowl.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg mixture and dredge in flour; dip again in egg mixture and dredge chicken in crumb mixture until coated. Place coated chicken breasts into a baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is heated through and crumbs are golden, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce onto each chicken breast, sprinkle each with half the mozzarella cheese, and top each with half the pepperoni slices.
- Bake until chicken is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 10 more minutes. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a breast should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Editor’s Note:
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the breading ingredients. The actual amount of the breading consumed will vary.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 552 calories;16 g fat;52.9 g carbohydrates;46.2 g protein;185 mg cholesterol;2497 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article