"Grilled hot dogs with pineapple bacon chipotle slaw are the perfect summer holiday meal, combining sweet, smoky, cool, and crunchy! Other optional toppings: sliced red onion, red peppers, and yellow peppers."
- Combine green cabbage, red cabbage, pineapple, carrot, bacon, red onion, and parsley in a large bowl.
- Whisk mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, chipotle puree, sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, celery salt, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss well. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate. Grill hot dogs until golden brown on all sides, about 7 minutes total. Transfer to a plate. Place buns cut-side down on the grill and grill until lightly golden brown, about 20 seconds.
- Place hot dogs in the buns and top with cabbage slaw.
- Cook’s Note:
- Substitute canned pineapple tidbits (drained) for the fresh pineapple if desired.
Per Serving: 499 calories;31.9 g fat;43 g carbohydrates;11.7 g protein;32 mg cholesterol;1182 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article