Photo by Alex Lau, Prop Styling by Aneta Florczyk, Food Styling by Susie Theodorou
Not just for salad: Drizzle this savory herb-infused oil over grilled vegetables, steak, or roast chicken.
- 4 servings
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced into rings
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 oil-packed anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup basil leaves (purple or green)
- 11/2 lb. heirloom tomatoes, some sliced, some cut into wedges
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 lemon
- Flaky sea salt
- Cook oil, shallot, garlic, and red pepper flakes in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until shallots and garlic begin to turn golden, 7–9 minutes. Remove from heat and mix in anchovies, if using (they’ll dissolve in the oil quickly), and basil.
- Toss tomatoes with vinegar and a pinch of kosher salt in a medium bowl. Transfer to a platter and pour warm dressing over. Finely grate lemon zest on top and sprinkle with sea salt.
Source: Read Full Article