"Chicken is marinated in zhug, a spicy green sauce, then baked in the oven with olives, artichokes, and sun-dried tomatoes for a flavorful dinner or Sunday lunch. Serve with couscous or rice."
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons zhug sauce over each piece of chicken. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before cooking so chicken is at room temperature.
- Remover the outer leaves from artichokes to expose the core leaves and hearts. Cut artichokes into quarters. Put them into a bowl, cover with water, and add lemon juice. Mix artichokes around and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place marinated chicken into a deep baking dish. Drain artichokes and add them around the chicken, pushing them down to keep them from being exposed and drying out. Top with olives and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 45 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Get the recipe for Zhug, a spicy condiment made with parsley, cilantro, garlic, chiles, and spices.
Per Serving: 505 calories;32.3 g fat;17.4 g carbohydrates;38.5 g protein;120 mg cholesterol;714 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article