- 2 Cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 Cups tomato sauce
- 1 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup diced sweet onion
- 1/2 Cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Lowry’s seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 lb Spicey italian sausage
- 8 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 Cup grated cheddar
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Cup grated Monterey Jack
In a stockpot, combine the tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, onions, peppers, garlic, parsley, seasoning mixtures, sugar, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil over high heat, and then reduce the heat and let simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
Cook sausage over medium-high heat until fully cooked, with no pink color remaining. Drain the fat from the meat, and then add the ground beef to the stockpot. Simmer for 20 more minutes. (Can use prepared pasta sauce instead)
Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
Cover the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch pan with sauce. Add a layer of pasta and then a little less than 1/2 of each cheese; repeat the layers, ending with the sauce.
Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Top the casserole with the remaining cheese, return it to the oven, and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly, about 5 more minutes. Cut into squares before serving.
Source: Read Full Article