Few ingredients, cheese, one skillet…what’s not to like!!
PS: If you can’t find smoked sausage, use good (Spanish) smoked paprika, it will do the job nicely!
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Garlic Smoked Sausage (or regular sausage but add smoked paprika!), sliced into 1 inch slices
- 1-2 tablespoons Smoked Paprika (see above)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 head cabbage cored and sliced (1/2 inch thickness)
- 1/2 Tablespoon each Salt & Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha Sauce (optional but recommended)
- 1 Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Heat oven to 400 F (200 C). Heat the butter in a large (10 – 12 inch) skillet over medium-high heat, add the sliced sausage and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned.
Add the pepper, onion, garlic, cabbage, salt & pepper and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add the smoked paprika (if using), the Worcestershire sauce and Sriracha and cook for another 5 minutes until vegetables are softened.
Add the tomatoes then top with the Mozzarella cheese then place into the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown.
Source: Read Full Article