- 1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, rotisserie
- 4 pinches Sea Salt, for a fresh flavor, try lemon infused salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 ⁄4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for a unique flavor, try flavored olive oils like lemon or red pepper
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 sprig Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 slices Crusty Bread, a fresh tuscan bread from the bakery of your local grocery store works great
- 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella, cheaper alternative would be provolone
Heat panino pan or skillet over medium heat.
Slice chicken thinly. Optional: Heat up for less than a minute in microwave.
Add a couple of pinches of salt to the olive oil, followed by a few turns of fresh ground pepper. Mix with a fork.
Slice tomato to desired thickness.
Wash and tear basil into small/medium pieces. Do not cut or chop to avoiding bruising the leaves.
Place 2 slices of cheese on the one piece of bread. Then, add chicken, tomato, and basil. Sprinkle salt and pepper to flavor. Add 2 remaining slices of cheese.
Lightly brush one side of panino with oil mixture. Lightly brush pan. Then, place panino on pan oiled side down. Place panini grill top or smaller skillet on top of panino. Cook for about 2 minutes until bottom side is slightly toasted. Lightly brush top of panino with oil mixture. Flip and cook for about 2 minutes. Continue to flip until both sides are toasted and cheese is slightly melted.
Remove from pan and let stand for about 2 minutes. Cut in half. Enjoy!
Source: Read Full Article