- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off and seeded
- 1 pound chorizo sausage
- 1 stalk minced celery
- 1-2 minced carrots
- Medium sized onion chopped
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 (14.5 ounce) fire roasted chopped tomatos, or regular chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Handful fresh parsley chopped
- Handful fresh basil chopped
- 3/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can of tomato soup
Bring large pot of water to a boil. Place prepped peppers in boiling water, cook 5 minutes. Remove, set aside to cool.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit
In a large skillet, cook chorizo until almost brown, Drain fat if needed. Stir in celery, carrots, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft, about 5minutes. Season with salt and pepper if you like. Stir in tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, basil, rice and water. Cover, and simmer until rice is cooked, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, and mix in Monterey Jack, Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses.
Place peppers upright in a baking dish,(I used my lasagna pan.) Fill each pepper with the chorizo mixture. Sprinkle extra cheese on top.
In a small bowl, combine tomato soup with just enough water to make a gravy consistency. Pour over peppers. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
NOTE: I wasn’t sure about this tomato soup thing but I did it. It was good, but next time I will consider using tomato sauce or maybe salsa.
Source: Read Full Article