Deviled ham goes way back to 1828. This is when William Underwood started canning the deviled ham. Deviling meat was a way of preserving meats, and amping up the flavors.
- 1/2 pound smoked ham
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon yellow prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon aged cayenne hot pepper sauce or Tabasco
- To taste salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- To taste ground black pepper
Cut the ham into cubes.
Mix all the ingredients and add to a blender. Blend till a smooth consistency. Serve on crackers, chips, bread, or as sandwiches. I hope that you will enjoy!!
Oh coarse back in the day the didn’t have a blender.
Source: Read Full Article