This feature is not available with your current cookie settings.
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content.Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
- Prep 5 min
- Total3 hr10 min
The name says it all: This really is the easiest pumpkin pie recipe—ever! Pillsbury™ pie crust takes away all of the fuss, and the super-easy filling can be prepped in one bowl and poured into the crust in just a few minutes. Gather your pumpkin pie ingredients for a pie perfect for Thanksgiving or year-round. We’ll show you how to make pumpkin pie with just 7 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep so you can focus on what really matters…adding the whipped cream!
teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
cups evaporated milk or half and half
Pillsbury™ Pet-Ritz® frozen deep-dish pie crust
- 1Heat oven to 425°F. In large bowl, mix filling ingredients. Pour into pie crust.
- 2Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F; bake 40 to 50 minutes longer or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 2 hours. Serve or refrigerate until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
- Pumpkin pie spice is a balanced blend of warm (a reference to seasonings that make us feel warmer—and sometimes cozier) spices that come from dried barks, roots, seeds, or chiles. Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg are important players, though every commercial blend may vary in the ratio of ingredients. Try it with sautéed apples, sprinkled over a pan of roasted root vegetables, or rubbed over a pork roast before cooking.
- Read the canned pumpkin label carefully to make sure you’re not buying canned pumpkin pie mix, which already contains sugar and seasonings.
- Unlike other pies, a pumpkin pie can be made entirely from pantry items. Stock up on pure canned pumpkin and evaporated milk when they’re on sale so you can make a pumpkin pie without having to make a trip to the store.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped cream! Want to make your own? Simply beat together in a chilled medium bowl a 1/2 cup of whipping cream, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Pumpkin pie is an egg-based custard filling and should be stored in the refrigerator. Leftover pumpkin pie can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Why not make two pies, one for tonight and one for the freezer? Cool the pie completely on a cooking rack, then wrap it well in plastic wrap, then in a final sheet of foil. Label it with the date, then pop it into the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow it to thaw in the refrigerator (it will need about 3 to 4 hours) before slicing it up for serving.
More About This Recipe
- The name of this recipe says it all: this really is an easy pumpkin pie recipe. Pillsbury™ Pet-Ritz® frozen deep-dish pie crust eliminates the need to fuss with a crust, and the super-easy pumpkin filling can be prepped all in one bowl and poured into the crust in just a few minutes. Want to learn more about the art and science of easy pumpkin pie making? Our pumpkin pie guide has the answers. And we have plenty more pumpkin pie recipes to tempt your taste buds—from those with streusel toppings to slab pie versions that are great for crowds.
Source: Read Full Article