Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This simple salad packs in big flavor in under 25 minutes. For a creamier texture to this Greek Chicken Salad Wedge, stir the crumbled feta into the chicken salad mixture instead of sprinkling it over the finished wedge. This recipe calls for just two cups of white meat from a deli-chicken. Don’t throw out the rest of the bird; shred and reserve the dark meat to use later in the week for a midday sandwich, or mix it with a little mayonnaise, dried fruit, salt, and pepper for a single-serve chicken salad.
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (from 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (from 1 cucumber)
- 1 cup chopped tomato (from 1 tomato)
- 1/4 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (from 1 onion)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4(5-oz.) baby romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (1 cup)
How to Make It
Combine chicken, cucumber, tomato, olives, and onion in a medium bowl.
Whisk together parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, and honey in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil in a steady stream until blended. Toss chicken mixture with 1/2 cup of the dressing.
Place 2 romaine lettuce heart halves on each of 4 plates, and top each evenly with chicken mixture. Drizzle plates evenly with remaining 1/2 cup dressing, and sprinkle with crumbled feta.
Source: Read Full Article