Nothing compares to the authentic Jerk Chicken I had at Scotchie’s in Ocho Rios …but this taste pretty good.
- 4 each chicken, breast or thighs 6 oz. each (delicious with pork 🙂
- salt -to lightly season the chicken before it is marinaded
- 2 ounces lime juice-fresh is best- 2-3 limes
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger,powdered or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 each scotch bonnet or habanero chilies wear gloves and take out the seeds for less heat
- 2 tablespoons cilantro -no stems
Season the chicken lightly with salt
Mix the entire jerk marinade ingredients in the blender or food processor and puree for 1 minute.
Place the chicken and jerk marinade in a 1 gallon zip-lock bag and let sit for at least 1 hour more time adds more flavor. (This can marinate overnight)
Remove the chicken from the marinade an save the leftover marinade…you can brush the chicken with it just before you are done grilling.
On a moderate heated grill Cook until the the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 -170 degrees F.. Use the left over marinade and brush over the chicken 3 minutes before it is finished.
Cooking Notes -We also did this in a 350 degree oven and had very good results. Charcoal grill is my favorite !!!
Source: Read Full Article