- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 can (about 16 oz.) Whole tomatoes, cut up and drained
- 1 pkg (about 16 oz.) Frozen meatballs, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cooked vegetables (any combination)
- 1 tsp beef bouillon granules
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Preheat oven to 400 degree. Heat oil in large saucepan. Cook and stir onion, bell pepper and garlic over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
Stir in flour, sugar, salt, basil and black pepper. Slowly blend in tomatoes, meatballs, vegetables, bouillon and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbling; pour into 2 quart casserole.
Unroll biscuits; place on top of casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
Source: Read Full Article