A summer favorite of mine!!
- 350 ' Preheated Oven
- 4 Vine Ripe Tomatoes (6-8 Ounces)
- Reserved Liquid and Pulp
- 3 \4 – 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Dry Bread Crumbs
- 1 \2 Teaspoon Table Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dry Italian Seasoning Herbs
- 2 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 \2 Teaspoon Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 \4 Fresh Chopped Parsley (Not the dried stuff!!)
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese
- 1 \2 Cup Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 \2 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Core and slice off tops of tomatoes. Using a spoon gently scoop out the flesh of tomatoes. I use a serrated grapefruit spoon to do this. Save all the flesh and juice in a separate bowl. Lightly salt inside of tomatoes and place upside down on a plate to drain.
Add all other 10 ingredients to your reserved tomato mixture. Depending on how much juice you have you may need more or less breadcrumbs. Start with a 1\2 Cup and work up from there. You want the mixture to be thick enough to work with.
Spoon mixture generously into your tomatoes. You really shouldn’t haven’t any stuffing leftover. Pile high generously.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until stuffing mixture is cooked through. I usually broil for the last 2 minutes to enhance browning on the tops. Message me with any questions. Enjoy the summer!!
Source: Read Full Article