Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time40 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Instead of the usual pasta, rice soaks up all of the delicious lemon-garlic sauce in this shrimp dish. This one-pan supper comes together quickly and will please everyone around your table. Make it come together even faster by using bagged precut broccoli florets.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4garlic cloves, finely chopped (1 Tbsp.)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1(6-oz.) box long-grain and wild rice mix (such as Uncle Ben’s Long Grain & Wild Rice, Original Recipe)
- 2 1/4 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups broccoli florets (from 1 head)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces large peeled, deveined raw shrimp
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine butter, garlic, lemon juice, black and red pepper, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH until melted, about 45 seconds; set aside.
Cook rice according to package directions, substituting broth for water. Fluff with a fork; stir in 1 tablespoon of the butter mixture. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, toss together broccoli, oil, lemon slices, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt on a rimmed baking sheet; spread in a single layer. Bake in preheated oven until broccoli is crisp-tender, about 13 minutes.
Arrange shrimp on baking sheet with broccoli. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake at 450°F until shrimp are pink, about 5 minutes. Serve with rice.
Source: Read Full Article