- Total: 20 min
- Active: 10 min
- Yield:4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (about 8 ounces each)
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup roasted white sesame seeds
1/4 cup black sesame seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Brush the chicken on both sides with the vinegar. Season the chicken on both sides with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Mix the white and black sesame seeds in a shallow dish. Firmly press the chicken into the sesame seeds until well coated on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil and sesame seeds in a large skillet over medium-high heat, being careful not to let the seeds burn. Add the chicken and cook undisturbed until just starting to turn white, about 1 minute. Flip the chicken and cook undisturbed until the other side is turning white, about 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the chicken is completely cooked through and an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 165 degrees F, about 10 minutes. Serve the chicken as a whole piece or sliced crosswise into strips.
- The chicken will keep up to 4 days. Let cool completely before refrigerating.
Four serving suggestions:
- Caesar Salad: Slice the chicken and toss with romaine lettuce and store-bought Caesar dressing; top with hard-boiled eggs, olives, grated Parmesan and anchovies, if desired.
- Mac and Cheese: Stir diced chicken and broccoli or cauliflower florets into your favorite version of macaroni and cheese.
- Fajitas: Serve the chicken sliced with rice, taco-seasoned sautéed peppers and onions, black beans and tortillas.
- Cashew-Chicken Salad: Serve on top of mixed greens with cashews, mandarin oranges, shredded cabbage and store-bought dressing.
Source: Read Full Article