Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This healthy, hearty skillet supper is easy enough for a weeknight meal but special enough for dinner with company. Regular farro can take 30 minutes to cook. To cut down on cook time, look for 10 Minute Farro at Trader Joe’s or Simply Balanced microwavable farro at Target.
- 2lemons, halved
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4(6-oz.) skin-on salmon fillets
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cups thinly sliced collard greens (about 10 oz.)
- 2(8.5-oz.) pkg. microwavable farro (such as Simply Balanced)
- 1(14.5-oz.) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, divided
How to Make It
Squeeze juice from 3 lemon halves to equal 2 1/2 tablespoons; set juice aside. Cut remaining lemon half into 8 wedges; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle salmon fillets evenly with pepper and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Place salmon in skillet, skin side down, and cook until skin is crisp, about 4 minutes. Flip salmon, and cook to desired degree of doneness, 2 to 3 minutes for medium. Transfer salmon to a plate; wipe skillet clean.
Add stock, collard greens, farro, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and 1/2 teaspoon salt to skillet. Cook, stirring often, until collards are wilted, about 3 minutes. Add black-eyed peas to skillet, and cook until heated through. Remove skillet from heat, and stir in reserved lemon juice and 1 tablespoon each of the chopped chives and dill.
Spoon collard mixture evenly onto 4 serving plates. Top each serving with a salmon fillet. Garnish with remaining chives and dill. Serve with reserved lemon wedges.
Source: Read Full Article