- Prep 30 min
- Total30 min
I mean, what CAN’T we waffle? This pepperoni pizza waffle recipe proves that when it comes to Pillsbury™ biscuits and your waffle maker, there are no limits to what you can accomplish. To create this waffle iron pizza, stuff biscuits with mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices, cook in your waffle maker until golden brown. Dip your waffle pizza in pizza sauce for a fun twist on a family favorite.
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Original biscuits
slices (1 oz each) mozzarella cheese
cup mini pepperoni slices
cups Muir Glen™ organic pizza sauce
- 1Spray waffle maker with cooking spray; heat waffle maker.
- 2Separate dough into 8 biscuits. Cut slit on 1 side of each biscuit, forming a deep pocket. Place 1 slice of cheese into each pocket. Top cheese with 6 or 7 pepperoni slices. Press dough around edge to seal each biscuit.
- 3Place 1 biscuit on center of waffle maker. Close lid; cook 3 minutes or until waffle is golden brown. Repeat with remaining filled biscuits. Serve with pizza sauce.
- Make supreme-style Pizza Waffles by adding chopped fresh veggies and ham to each biscuit.
- Swap pizza sauce for ranch dressing, if desired.
- Cut mozzarella cheese slices into smaller squares or triangles and stack to fit inside biscuits, if needed.
More About This Recipe
- Attention: We made pizza waffles, and it is genius. That’s right, waffles aren’t just for breakfast anymore, thanks to this insanely delicious four-ingredient recipe! Stuff biscuit dough with your favorite pizza ingredients like pepperoni, mozzarella and pizza sauce and cook on a waffle maker for just three minutes and you’ll have a seriously yummy snack.We used a Belgian waffle maker for this recipe, and that’s what we recommend you use too. Don’t forget to spray the pan before cooking each waffle. This will ensure they don’t stick to the waffle maker. Is this waffle pizza the snack of your dreams? We have even more creative takes on pizza for you to browse. Of course, there’s nothing like a classic slice of pizza, and we have all the best recipes and tips you need to make a great pie every time.
Source: Read Full Article