- Total: 30 min
- Active: 25 min
- Yield:2 servings
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss together the bread, eggplant, red pepper, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper on a baking sheet until evenly coated. Bake until the bread is golden brown and crispy and the vegetables are softened and caramelized, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the onions, 3 tablespoons of the vinegar, 1 teaspoon of the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a small bowl and let sit until the onions are softened and just slightly pickled, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the capers, Dijon, garlic, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar and remaining 1 teaspoon sugar in a medium bowl until incorporated. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil and whisk until emulsified. Fold in the chickpeas.
- Transfer the bread, eggplant, red peppers and onions to the bowl with the chickpeas and fold until evenly coated. Let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the basil and mint and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article