Active Time: 15 MinsTotal Time30 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Do the warmer days have you dreaming of low-country boils with fresh-off-the-boat seafood? Even if you can’t make it to the beach right now, this quick and easy Shrimp Boil Vegetable Bowl allows you enjoy the taste and smell of a seaside meal. To simplify your prep work, have the shrimp peeled and deveined at your favorite seafood market. Call ahead with your order, so all you have to do is pick it up
- 1microwavable red potatoes (such as Side Delights Steamables)
- 1microwavable haricots verts (French green beans, such as GreenLine Quick & Easy)
- 1 pound large peeled, deveined cooked shrimp
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (4 ears)
- 3 tablespoons drained capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest plus 3 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 4 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Prepare an ice bath: Fill a large bowl with ice; fill bowl three-fourths full with cold water.
Prepare potatoes in microwave according to package directions, omitting seasoning from potatoes. Discard seasoning packet.
Plunge cooked potatoes into ice bath until completely cooled, about 1 minute. Remove to a colander with a slotted spoon; drain. Repeat procedure with haricots verts.
Cut potatoes into quarters; cut haricots verts in half crosswise. Toss together potatoes, haricots verts, shrimp, and corn in a large bowl. Stir together capers, lemon zest and juice, vinegar, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper in a small bowl; whisk in oil until well combined.
Pour caper mixture over shrimp mixture; toss to coat. Stir in parsley, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article