- Total: 40 min
- Active: 40 min
- Yield:4 spring rolls
Quick Pesto Dipping Sauce:
Simple Lemon Dressing:
- For the quick pesto dipping sauce: Add the basil, Parmesan, pine nuts, red pepper flakes and garlic to the base of a small food processor. With the processor running, drizzle in the oil and lemon juice and allow the mixture to become smooth. Scrape the sides, then add the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt and process until combined, about 1 minute.
- For the simple lemon dressing: Add the olive oil, lemon juice, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper to a small mason jar. Secure the lid and shake to combine,
- For the assembly: Add the shrimp to a small bowl and toss in 2 tablespoons of the lemon dressing. Set aside.
- Add the shredded romaine to a bowl and toss with the remaining lemon dressing. Set aside.
- One at a time, place the rice wrappers in warm water until they are soft but still hold together, about 30 seconds. Lay the wrapper flat on a plate and start by shingling 4 shrimp halves and 2 basil leaves in the center of the wrapper. Add one-quarter of the roasted peppers, onions and tomatoes. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the pesto dipping sauce. Finally, top with a one-quarter of the lettuce in a small line. Fold in the sides of the wrapper and roll into a tight roll. Cut in half on the diagonal. Repeat to make the other 3 rolls.
- Dip the rolls into the pesto dipping sauce and dig in! Best if eaten within 1 hour of making.
Source: Read Full Article