- Total: 33 min
- Prep: 20 min
- Inactive: 1 min
- Cook: 12 min
- Yield:35 to 40 cookies
For the topping:
For the cookie dough:
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- To make the cookie dough, stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a bowl with a paddle attachment, cream the butter. Add the sugar and continue to mix, then add the eggs, corn syrup, and vanilla, and mix thoroughly. Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Chill dough 1 hour if it’s sticky or difficult to handle.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll balls of dough about the size of a walnut then roll them in the cinnamon sugar to coat. Place on an un-greased sheet pan 2 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until puffed up and the surface is slightly cracked. Let cool on the sheet pan a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Source: Read Full Article