Black squid ink pasta is paired with shrimp and scallops in a light white wine sauce in this Halloween-inspired pasta dish. [Photographs: Deborah Mele]
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shells removed and deveined (tails optional)
- 12 medium scallops
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup ripe, chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 pound squid ink pasta
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium high heat until lightly smoking. Add the shrimp and sauté until opaque, about 1 minute each side. Remove to a plate. Reheat oil and cook the scallops until they too are opaque and lightly browned, 2 minutes each side. Remove the scallops to the plate with the shrimp and add the garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring often, until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the red pepper flakes, black pepper, salt, wine, tomato, and parsley, and cook over high heat until reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice and butter and return the seafood to the skillet, mixing well. Keep warm.
Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted water until it is al dente. Drain well, return to the pot along with the seafood. Toss well, and serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article