- Prep 10 min
- Total20 min
Our quick + easy taco soup recipe can’t be beat. It’s fast and filling, with just the right amount of spicy, and it’s easy to customize. You can easily make it with ground turkey or chicken, or add a can of beans and some cooked noodles to make it even heartier. And the best part? It’s ready to eat in just 20 minutes.
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
cup sliced green onions
package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
can (28 oz) Muir Glen™ organic diced tomatoes, undrained
cup frozen corn
cup finely shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1In 3-quart saucepan, cook ground beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink; drain. Add onions and taco seasoning mix; cook 1 minute.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, corn and water. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- 3To serve, ladle soup into serving bowls; top with cheese.
- Tip: Saving a batch for later? Fill freezer bags with soup, then lay flat to freeze for easy stacking and freezer organization.More smart freezer bag tips.
More About This Recipe
- Soup is a staple dinner not only because it warms you from head to toe on a cold day, but also because it makes for a great leftover meal that you can store in your freezer to keep on hand for busy nights. This taco soup and othersoups made with beef and veggies are an especially good choice for making ahead of time. Seal this taco soup in freezer bags and lay them flat in your freezer so they’re easy to stack and don’t take a lot of space when frozen. When you’re ready to eat some tasty taco soup for dinner, let the soup defrost in the bags overnight in the refrigerator. Then, simply place into a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 4 to 6 minutes, or until heated through. Top your soup with extra shredded cheese and any one of your favorite taco toppings like sour cream or avocado. And soup season isn’t limited to just the winter. Enjoy soup all year round but never get bored! Theseeasy ways to take your soup up a notch are here to help.
Source: Read Full Article