- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 6 baby carrots diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped
- to taste Fresh ground pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed or diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese
Turn on instant pot to saute high. When hot add olive oil and onions, carrots, and celery. Cook about 10 minutes stirring frequently.
Add broth, tomatoes with juice, half the basil, water, and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
Seal pressure cooker and cook at manual (high pressure) for 5 minutes. Do a NPR for 10 minutes then release rest of the pressure.
After removing lid use a immersion blender to mix and puree till smooth. Or puree in blender in batches.
Stir in heavy whipping cream.
Ladle into bowls and top with croutons, cheddar cheese, and basil.
Source: Read Full Article