The reason why I like to prepare my own meal at home. Because I realized that outside meals are contain too much sodium and fats. Even on salad, they added too much salad dressing to make it taste more delicious. Yes, that’s true it tastes delicious. But it contains too much salt and fats and that’s not good to our body. To avoid it, actually it’s very easy to make your own salad dressing at home. And of course by making your own salad dressing you can leave out the salt.
And here I make my own salad with my own salad dressing. Always remember, being healthy is precious!
- For salad:
- 2 cups greens salad as your choice
- 1/2 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup black bean rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2-3 large tortillas
- For salad dressing:
- 2 dates (softened with 1/2 hot water then microwave it in another 20 seconds. Smashed it with spoon or fork take off the seed)
- 1 tbsp refried bean
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 paprika
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Water if needed
For making tortilla bowl, just simply pressing tortillas into an ovenproof bowl, and baked it at 275 F for 30 minutes. Then take off from the oven. Set aside.
For salad: Put all the salad ingredients into a big bowl and mixed it evenly.
For salad dressing: In a blender combine all the salad dressing ingredients add water if needed then purée until smooth. Sprinkle salt and pepper mixed it and taste it.
To assembly: 1) Just simply arrange the salad mixture into tortilla bowl and serve with the dressing on the side.
Pour over the salad when it’s ready to eat.
2) You can combine all the salad ingredients, add the dressing, and toss and coat. Taste, add more dressing if desired. Then filled up into the tortilla bowl..
Now enjoy your healthy salad bowl with your family❤️
Source: Read Full Article