Active Time: N/ATotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 6
A high-speed blender not only cooks and purees the carrots at the same time, but also perfectly emulsifies butter into the soup, which adds richness and velvety texture.
- 2 pounds large carrots, peeled and diced (about 5 1/3 cups)
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons harissa paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves
How to Make It
Combine carrots, broth, 1 cup water, harissa paste, and salt in a high-speed blender. Pulse until carrots are finely chopped, about 1 minute. Gradually increase speed to high, and puree until soup is smooth and steaming, 6 to 7 minutes. With blender running, gradually add butter pieces, and puree until soup is emulsified, about 1 minute.
Heat oil in an 8-inch skillet over medium until shimmering, 1 to 2 minutes. Add almonds and rosemary, and fry, stirring often, until sizzling stops and rosemary is crisp, 30 to 45 seconds. Remove from heat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds and rosemary to paper towels to drain. Reserve oil.
Source: Read Full Article